If you are an athlete or someone who likes being active, you will likely experience a sports injury. When a sports injury occurs, it's essential to seek out professional chiropractic care. Chiropractic care not only treats your sports injuries but strengthens your muscles to prevent future injuries. Our team at Mountainview Chiropractic Center offers the testing and treatment patients need to fully recover from sports injuries.
Common sports injuries
Sports injuries occur due to overexertion, use of wrong sports gear, or impact from other players. Thankfully, chiropractic care is effective in treating a wide range of sports injuries. The common sports injuries we treat at our clinic include:
- Tendonitis: When the tendons of your shoulders or knees are inflamed, you may experience swelling, pain, and limited mobility.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: Overusing your wrists, especially while playing tennis, may compress the median nerve, leading to pain, tingling, and numbness in your arms.
- Dislocations: Due to impact, your bone may dislocate from its socket, especially in your shoulders and knees.
- Sprains and strains: Overusing or overstretching your tendons and ligaments may cause pain, swelling, and limited movement.
- Lower back pain: Pinched nerves, disc herniation, and sprains in the back region may result in lower back pain.
- Neck pain: Whiplash and other neck injuries may occur due to overstretching your neck, causing pain and stiffness.
If you experience swelling, pain, and limited movement because of a sports injury, please schedule an appointment with a chiropractor for treatment. The earlier you see a chiropractor, the better the chances of treating your injury successfully.
How does a chiropractor treat sports injuries?
Seeking the services of a sports chiropractor provides natural relief and improves your muscle resilience against future injuries. Chiropractors use several remedies to treat sports injuries. Some include:
- Spinal adjustments: Aligning your spine kick-starts your body's self-healing mechanism, which provides relief to your whole body and improves performance.
- Spinal decompression: We use a unique table to generate spaces in your spinal column to decrease pressure on the compressed or pinched nerves.
- Massage therapy: If you have soft tissue injuries, we apply massage therapy to improve blood circulation in the injured muscles. As a result, you experience reduced pain and improved mobility.
- Nutritional counseling: We advise you on a proper diet to support total body wellness and improve healing.
While chiropractic care is effective in sports injury treatment, prevention is the best course of action. That's why it's important to warm up before any sports activity and wear the right sports gear when participating in any outdoor activity. Even if you are participating in simple activities like jogging, wearing the right shoes can mitigate acute and chronic injuries.
Visit Us for Sports Injury Treatment Today
If you are suffering from a sports injury in Hillsborough Township, NJ, You no longer have to live with pain. Instead, please book an appointment with Mountainview Chiropractic Center for personal injury treatment. If you are looking for a "chiropractor near me," our professional staff is ready to help.