Custom Made Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers
Your feet are the foundation of your body. They support you when you stand, walk, or run. And they help protect your spine, bones, and soft tissues from damaging stress as you move around. Your feet perform better when all their muscles, arches, and bones are in their ideal stable positions.
The foot is constructed with three arches which, when properly maintained, give exceptional supportive strength. These three arches form a supporting vault that distributes the weight of the entire body.
If there is compromise of one arch in the foot, the other arches must compensate and are subject to additional stresses, which usually leads to further compromise.
Benefits of Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers:
- Properly fitted Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers support the foot to control excessive and unwanted pronation and supination. This helps to reduce unwanted stress on the body.
- Improved shock absorption reduces repetitive stress on joints and muscles, permitting smoother function and decreasing arthritic symptoms.
- Use of Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers represents a long-term, yet cost-effective intervention for many types of functional and structural problems.
How Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers Work:
- Wearing Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers inside your shoes is similar to placing a shim beneath the leg of a wobbly table: it adds support to eliminate unwanted motion in the entire structure.
- The foot is formed of three distinct arches, which create an architectural vault. The result of supporting these three arches is improved stability and postural integrity.
- Flexible Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers encourage optimal muscle and nerve function by guiding the feet through a more normal pattern with each step taken.
The Gait Cycle System
When you walk or run, you progress through three unique phases that make up what is called the Gait Cycle. Because each part of this process places different stresses on the feet, Foot Levelers has created The Gait Cycle System® to provide unique support and protection throughout.
The Gait Cycle System®.
Many Foot Levelers products feature a comprehensive support system that addresses all three phases of the Gait Cycle: heel strike, midstance, and toe-off.
The Gait Cycle System® works like this:
At heel strike, The Gait Cycle System offers a
Zorbacel® heel pad for maximum shock
The StanceGuard™ layer provides variable
firmness, flexibility, and control at midstance.
The Gait Cycle System provides a pad of Propacel™
for a propulsive boost at toe-off to reduce fatigue.
About Foot Levelers' Spinal Pelvic Stabilizer (SPS) Orthotics:
- Foot Levelers, Inc., a leading supplier for 50 years, creates custom-made, flexible Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers to match each patient's unique needs.
- Using weightbearing impression images of the feet in the position of function using a digital scanning system like the one below, along with instructions from the healthcare professional,
- Skilled laboratory technicians create unique Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers designed to correct and support areas of weakness.
- The combination of flexible, yet supportive and durable construction materials ensure that the stabilizers will both guide the feet when walking and provide support during long periods of standing.
- Unlike other stabilizing technologies, which use rigid materials to force the feet into a theoretical "ideal" position and may result in muscle atrophy and abnormal nerve proprioception, Foot Levelers' allow controlled, supported movement for the dynamic human body.
Please inquire about a complimentary digital screening to determine if custom made orthotics are right for you.
Click the image above to enter the Foot Levelers website!